Jul 16, 2008

Rainy Day Reading

Looking for something to read on a rainy day, but haven't made it to the library this week? Me too. I have this problem quite a bit. It rains almost everyday during July and August here and with gas prices going up, up,up, I don't make those extra outings -like going to the library- as much. What I do is just make my own book.

There are so many sites with free e-books out there that I can make any kind of book I want. I can put a few short stories together to print out or even print out a full length novel. I can also just read the stories/books right from my computer. That sure does save on my paper and ink. I've got a whole folder on my internet favorites for free e-book websites. They're great! Now all I have to do on a rainy day is just log on to the internet and there they are - all the books I could possibly want. Kids, fiction, non-fiction, self help, education - I can read anything I want. The kid's stories keep my son very well occupied for a while. If you want to find some of these sites too, just type "free e-books" in the search bar and take your pick. Or, you can try one of the ones listed below.


Kids:

Fables & Fairy Tales
Story Book Castle
International Children's Digital Library
Children's Books Online

Other:

Digital Book Index
Free Online Novels
Free-eBooks.net
Full Books.com

Happy reading everyone!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI there, sorry for the delay but I just added your blog to all three blogs I asked to exchange links with. Thanks again