Aug 7, 2008

Kitchen Upgrade

I really love to cook and so does my boyfriend. We have constant arguments over who is the better cook. Well since we both love to cook we want to upgrade our kitchen, both with new foods/ingredients to work with and cookware/appliances to make everything easier.

Now I am a HUGE Rachael Ray fan so I have already started on the cookware by getting a set of her non-stick pots and pans( thanks for the Christmas gift mom and dad). These are amazing! It's the first time I've ever had non-stick cookware that really was non-stick. Next on my R.R. shopping list will be her set of knives.

On occasion I like to bake so I've been looking into getting some fun shaped pans to keep things interesting. I even found this really cute silicone heart muffin pan. How cute is that?!

I've been working on some gadgets too like slicers and choppers, etc. We want to add some small appliances to our collection. A food processor would be nice, but they can get kind of pricey. I'm thinking that since it's just us and our son, we can just get a cheaper small capacity food processor. And in an attempt to be healthier, I want to get a juicer too.

We plan to go slow, building up our cook's kitchen just the way we want it. Once we get all the cookware, small appliances, and what not we'll move on to the bigger stuff like the larger appliances and new decor. One thing that I'm dreaming of is a huge pantry, fully stocked, and with good clean organization.

Any other cooks out there have any suggestions? I want some more ideas of what to get for my dream kitchen. What's the one thing in your kitchen that you just can not live without?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The things that I use most in my kitchen:

-Crock Pot (you can buy a smaller size)

-Rice Steamer (I've got a cheap microwave one)

-Garlic Roaster

-Double Boiler

-Electric Can Opener (I'm lazy)

-Blender (It's just a cheap WalMart one, but it works for everything)

Anonymous said...

On the kitchen design, I think lots of counter space if you can get them is great.

On gadgets:
I think every kitchen, even though there is only two of you in the houses, should have a big stock pot. You never know when you'll get a crowd, but they're also great for boiling pasta, making huge batches of chili or soups, and if you're into canning, can double for boiling your jars.

Anonymous said...

The coffee pot! LOL! And next would be the microwave I guess... :)