Aug 29, 2008

Christmas is Quickly Approaching

Yes, I know that we are only just about to enter September but Christmas still has a way of sneaking up on us doesn't it? I for one always get caught a week, sometimes a few days, before realizing that I have forgotten something or someone on my list.

I love the Christmas season. The whole process of shopping for just the right gift for each person on my "nice list" is really fun to me. The one thing I hate (and most of you do to, I'm sure) is fighting the crowds during a big sale. It's so horrible how people will forget all about the Christmas spirit and gauge you in the eye just to get to that last video game or action figure on the shelf.

Well, last year I avoided the wonderful hospitality of my fellow shoppers (sarcasm intended) and simply shopped the biggest sale of the year online. Yes, that sale would be Black Friday. I found Wal-Mart's black friday sale items and planned my shopping accordingly. I did get up early, just not at 5 am to stand in line and fight a mob of people to get what I wanted. I leisurely sorted through online, selected my gifts, and completed my purchases all while sitting in my pj's drinking a cup of coffee. Jealous??

I plan to do the same this year too. Only this year I'm starting my planning now. Did you know that even though it's not quite September yet, many of your favorite stores already have at least partial lists available of the items they will have on their black friday sale?

I just signed up at blackfriday.biz to get email alerts of all the new ads as they come out. Everything from your circuit city ad to your wal-mart ad will be listed. I've already started making lists of what to get for my son and for other family members, and I'm going to keep an eye out for more things to be added on to the sale. Now it's just a matter of saving up the $$ for everything. HA HA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to check out the great gift ideas at:

www.squidoo.com/groups/squid_choice_christmas_gift_ideas

Posted by many of your fellow FireStorm Forum friends in our Squidoo Christmas Gift Ideas group. They are sorted by age/teacher-boss/pets. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Gee, thanks for reminding me. Um, not. :-)

Actually, I do need to start figuring out my list for this year, I've got 3 kiddo birthdays between now and the holidays to tackle before I get really serious in to the holiday shopping though.