Jun 30, 2008

Will We See History Made?

In the beginning, I was 100% a Hillary supporter. I think I got caught up in the whole solidarity, women sticking together thing. Girl Power!! But as the days past, and Hillary talked more, I quickly changed the direction of my support. Does she have good ideas about what to do to help the country? Yes, and anything she thought of that Obama did not will force him to take a look at those issues too. So we would get the best of both's ideas.

What changed my mind about Hillary is feeling like she has ruined things for any other woman who ever wants to run for president I feel like she played into every stereotype about women. Changing our minds every other day, mudslinging, and flat out lying - I'm sorry but saying that you were shot at when you weren't is NOT misspeaking, it is not a simple mistake, IT'S A FLAT OUT LIE!!!

I'm disappointed in how she ran her campaign, and I hope she realizes just what that has done to dissuade America from taking another woman serious who wants to run for president.

I am now supporting Obama and am proud of that. I am very proud that we have come so far as to accept even the possibility of a black president. I think he will bring about many good changes to our country. He cares about the struggles of us normal people too, not just the woes of the rich. He has good, reasonable ideas of what to change and how to do it. These are the things that are important, not the color of someone's skin. I am just so happy that we have learned to see people without using our eyes.

No comments: